At Helpr, our mission is to reinvent the way the way the world buys services. We are an on-demand household services platform, with verified and trusted service providers for all your household needs. With hassle free booking on mobile apps or website, cashless payments, dedicated and well trained service providers, we aim to become the most convenient and preferred way to get your household work done.
Started in May 2015, we are already one of the fastest growing on-demand home services company in the country. We have partnered with AVON, one of the largest facility management services provider in the nation, which gives us an unique advantage of having access to over 22,000+ well trained service professionals in over 23 cities across India.
We as a company are driven by our vision to build a world where all labor are treated with dignity. Our culture is collaborative, passionate, design driven with the greatest emphasis on putting service first. We growing very fast and will have a pan Indian presence by 2016
- Professional Workforce: Our “Helprs” as we call them are well trained, background and police verified and have years of experience behind them.
- Hand Crafted Solutions: Helpr adds delight to the often frustrating experience of hiring people for household work, with our Apps on iOS and Android we have thought through every single pain point a customer might face and eliminated them with technology.
- Fully Equipped: Our uses of technology extends beyond the customer, all our staff carry smartphones and wireless payment systems to assist the customer in seamless billing and cashless payments.
- Driven by our desire to Help: As our name suggests we are here to Help and here to build the best on-demand services company in the world. We are driven by our endless desire to be of help and make life easy for our customers.
As an Android developer at Helpr, you will get an unique opportunity to directly impact millions of lives with the solutions you build. Helpr is an Android first platform and we have full suite of products built on Android, which includes our customer facing mobile App and our dedicated App for service professionals. You’ll get the opportunity to build and maintain our state of the art applications which are already praised by our users as the best App in the on-demand services sector in the entire country. You will also join a passionate team that is savvy, analytical, design driven, and also great fun to work with.
As a full time Android developer, you’ll be responsible for
- Developing and maintaining our customer facing Apps and our Apps for service professionals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with 3rd party API’s and SDK to build robust new features for payments, live GPS tracking, big data analytics etc
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, usability, and general reliability and automate unit testing wherever possible.
- 2+ Years of experience developing Android applications and should have published apps in Google Play
- Excellent in Object Oriented Programming, Java and Android SDK integration
- Should have worked with internal databases such as SQLite
- Should have integrated third party SDK’s and API’s
- Hands on experience using Android Studio for application development
Apply for this job
- Having experience in material design, Android unit and automation testing frameworks
- Strong in written and verbal communications
- You love start-ups and you want would like to make an impact in the world
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!